Thank you for your interest in contributing to the Women Encouraged blog!
We are now accepting submissions for articles to be published in September and October. The form is currently open and will close again on August 31, 2018.
When you share your writing here, you’re blessing the ever-growing, worldwide WE community. It is a joy to partner with writers who desire to share the transformative power of the gospel with our audience.
We are always interested in original, well-written content. To ensure that the content of your submission is consistent with what we are looking to publish, please read through our guidelines thoroughly as they have been updated to assist WE contributors. We also ask that you ensure your submission is consistent with our statement of faith and vision statement.
Why We Write
The word encourage literally means, “to make strong, or to fill with courage” and so WE exists with the understanding that we need to be filled with fresh courage every day. We need to be made strong to live faithfully, to face the challenges of daily life, to face sin, doubt, grief, and pain. Our hope is in Christ alone, and our strength comes from him alone.
Our desire is to be a encouraging, truth-telling, grace-filled, joyful, and welcoming place. It’s a place where women can listen, learn, and grow, being encouraged to faithfully connect to God’s word and the body of Christ.
The WE community and readership is made up of women of various ages and stages – married, single, and many are mothers. Some are new Christians, many are lifelong believers, but all are longing for community, connection, and gospel hope.
You’ll find that our editors are drawn towards compelling pieces that draw from Scripture, featuring strong writing that conveys conviction and the hope of the gospel applied to the topic.
We appreciate the use of story to enhance the content of the post, but please know that our blog editors strongly believe that all stories we publish should ultimately assist the reader by pointing to the gospel.
Below, you’ll find our guidelines, writing prompts, and a submission form.
We will accept submissions related to:
- Bible reading and Bible study encouragement
- Devotional material on specific passages of Scripture
- Motherhood and parenting
- Singleness as a Christian woman
- Christian lifestyle encouragement
- Grief and loss
- Faith-based inspirational
We can’t accept every post submitted, but we do commit to:
- Reading and prayerfully considering each submission
- Editing in a process and manner that respects the author’s intent
- Communicating with the author regarding submissions, and informing them if and when a post will be published
- As we work through the editing process, we will not take away from the author’s story, but we may seek to enhance posts to help them fit with the WE mission and vision.
- Submissions will be edited for spelling, grammar, and punctuation and we reserve the right to make changes we see necessary. We may alter the title to enhance it or communicate the tone more clearly.
A few things to keep in mind:
- We are only able to receive posts that have been proof-read and edited, so we highly encourage you to ask one or two other people you trust to read and proof your submission. The editing process is often time-consuming, so we are seeking content that is clear, easy to read, and requires minimal editing and formatting. Unfortunately, if we receive a submission that’s obviously not edited or proof-read, we will determine immediately that we cannot publish it.
- As you read over your post before you submit it, please ensure that your content flows smoothly and that the transition between paragraphs is clear and uncluttered.
- If you wish something to be used as a heading for a new section, include that information: For example: “Jesus Changed My Life (new section heading)”
- Please be conservative in your use of italics and bold words. Do not use all caps for any reason.
- Do not include any emojis or hashtags in your submission.
- Include the reference and note the version of all Scripture included in the article. (For the sake of continuity for our blog readers, it is possible that we may edit the translation of the Scripture you include.
- Please keep your article or essay between 600-2000 words. (Tools like Word Counter are very helpful.)
- If you do not have a title for your piece, that is okay; simply put “Title TBD”.
- If your piece is selected, the WE editors will contact you for an author bio and picture.
- Women Encouraged will credit you and link to your blog (if you have one) as well as your social media forums.
- On the day of publication, please post an excerpt on your blog, using a different title (for SEO strength), and social media platforms linking to the Women Encouraged blog page and social media.
Writing prompts for September and October, 2018
- Making room for rest as our schedules get fuller
- Loving the Bible’s big story
- Teaching small children big concepts about God
- Loving the single women in our churches
- Comfort, hope, solidarity, etc. for pregnancy and infant loss awareness month (October)
- Forgiveness and the gospel
- Loving the difficult people in your life – balancing boundaries with an open, loving heart
- Gospel hope in the midst of loss and pain
- Dealing with perfectionism and expectations biblically
- Specific ways of loving and ministering to our husbands
- “Taste and see that the Lord is good”
- Bringing beauty into our homes, and why this matters
- Handling busyness like a Christian
- Being conformed to the image of Jesus/transformed vs. conformed to the world
Thank you again for your desire to bless and encourage the WE community.
We look forward to reading your submission! Our prayer is that God blesses your writing and that you will be gifted with many opportunities to bring hope to women through the ministry of your written words.
Please be encouraged to join our Facebook group for blog contributors.