We are blessed and pleased to publish content that is of a shorter, devotional length, as well as articles longer in length. These may address a specific Bible text or be more practical, addressing an issue in Christian life with the application rooted in the finished work of Christ.
We can’t accept every post submitted, but we do commit to:
- Reading and prayerfully considering each submission
- Editing in a manner that respects and honors both the author’s intent and style
- Communicating with the author regarding submissions, and informing them if a post will be published (usually within four weeks)
We will only accept articles and devotions that fit the following requirements:
We accept submissions related to:
- Bible reading and Bible study encouragement
- Devotional material on specific passages of Scripture
- Motherhood and parenting
- Christian friendship
- Singleness as a Christian woman
- Christian lifestyle encouragement
- Grief and loss
- Faith-based inspirational
- Other specific topics as determined by our blog submission editors
STRUCTURE & FORMATTING
The article you submit should have these elements:
- Edited with correct spelling, punctuation, grammar, and sentence structure
- Contains clear content and language / is easy to read
- Uses minimal italics / bold words
- No all-caps / emojis / hashtags
- Specific section headings (if desired)
- Scripture references cited and properly referenced
- Scripture translations preferred: ESV, NASB, NKJV
- 600-2000 words for articles; shorter submissions can be accepted for devotionals
- Is not published elsewhere
We publish articles that:
- Seek to apply the gospel to their chosen topic
- Encourage one another to walk in obedience
- Confront sinful habits in a spirit of humility and gentleness
- Avoid generalizations or tones of bitterness and anger
- Maintain a gracious tone within a positive framework
- Use relational “us” and “we”-type phrasing (not accusatory “you”-type statements)
- Have minimal personal anecdotes (feel free to use them as a framing device, but we desire articles that focus on the gospel as the main point)
Articles that do not follow these requirements will not be accepted.
We are unable to offer specific feedback or suggestions regarding rejected articles.
At our discretion, we may send articles back for further edits; however, if the re-edits are not to our standards, and if they are not returned within one week, we reserve the right to decline publishing the article.
For further consideration as to suitable content, please do visit our Mission Statement page, found here: https://womenencouraged.ca/blog/what-we-believe/
- If your article is not selected, it may be for a variety of reasons. Some of those reasons include:
- the article doesn’t match our guidelines (see above)
- the article is too close to another article we’ve accepted for publication
- our submissions calendar is full
- Unpublished articles will be returned so that you can use it on your personal blog or submit it elsewhere.
- If your piece is selected, the WE editors will contact you for an author bio and picture. We may need to shorten your bio for formatting purposes.
- Women Encouraged will credit you and link to your blog (if you have one) as well as your social media forums.
- On the day of publication, please post a few lines or a description on your personal blog (if you have one) using a different title for SEO strength, and linking to the WE blog page. Please also share on any of your social media platforms linking to the WE blog page and social media (Instagram and Facebook).
Thank you again for your desire to bless and encourage the WE community.
We look forward to reading your submissions! Our prayer is that God blesses your writing and that you will be gifted with many opportunities to bring hope to women through the ministry of your written words.